A sunrise hot air balloon flight over Melbourne is a truly remarkable experience. There are few major cities in the world that can be traversed by hot air balloon and there certainly is no better way to take in Australia's second largest city. In the early morning light our balloons drift by the array of parks and gardens that make Melbourne the world's most liveable city. As the city comes to life you will look down from your balloon onto some of the cities iconic sporting venues like the MCG, Melbourne Park and Albert Park racetrack.
If you are looking for a romantic soft adventure that gives you a peek at city life from a totally different angle, then ballooning over Melbourne is a must.
Hot Air Ballooning is an incredible adventure, so be prepared!
Your Melbourne Ballooning Flight includes:
- Approximately 1 Hour Balloon Flight
- (Optional) 5-star full buffet champagne breakfast at Hilton on the Park *Upgrade to the Hot Air Ballooning Breakfast Package for only an extra $35pp.
- Discounted undercover parking at the Hilton Hotel for a flat fee of $5 (this is important as without this discount you could be paying up to an extra $50 for parking on the morning of your flight)
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and landing government fees in and around the city
- Peace of mind that you have chosen to fly with Victoria's leading hot air ballooning operator offering the most professional service. You will be in the hands of the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business
- A carbon neutral flight - by choosing to fly with Global Ballooning you will be helping to restore biodiversity and essential habitat for native fauna, improve water quality and salinity problems. This is because Global Ballooning is the only Victorian operator to offset our emissions
- In-flight photography with the opportunity to purchase a souvenir CD compilation, USB and DVD pack after the flight.
- CBD Hotel pick up available for a small fee of $10 (morning pick-up only)
- A beautifully presented flight certificate
- A souvenir pack
You'll fly in a hot air balloon for approximately one hour over the city of Melbourne and surrounding suburbs, completing the experience with a buffet champagne breakfast at the Hilton on the Park.
We meet at Hilton on the Park Hotel around an hour before sunrise (you will be advised of the exact time when you phone the duty pilot the night before your flight). Your hot air balloon pilot will give you a short briefing. You will then be transported to the balloon launch site where you may help with the launch, or stand back and take pictures. Then away we go, floating gently over the city of Melbourne in our beautiful hot air balloon.
Your balloon flight will last for approximately one hour. After we make our final landing and pack the balloon away, we head back to HILTON ON THE PARK where you can celebrate your morning over breakfast.
What to wear and what to bring
Hot air ballooning is an audience participation activity and you will be encouraged to assist with the set up and pack away of the balloon itself. It is an active morning in the outdoors, so do wear clothes that can get stained or dirty.
Please note: The balloon burners sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. Global Ballooning will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged as a result of our adventure activity.
Wear clothes as for hiking, including sturdy shoes, warm socks and a cap, plus sunglasses.
- We meet before sunrise so, depending on the time of year and weather, it can be extremely cold
- Generally it will not be any colder in the air during the balloon flight than on the ground, we suggest you wear layered clothing that can be removed as the day warms up
- The burners radiate heat, wearing a hat is recommended
- Your feet may get wet and cold in the early morning dew, you might like to bring a change of socks
- High-heeled shoes are not suitable
- DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR CAMERA, DATA MEMORY AND FRESH BATTERIES!!
You may invite extra people to join you for the Champagne Breakfast at $35 per person. For catering purposes, please advise the booking office before your flight date. If the flight is cancelled the breakfast will not take place
Where to meet
Our meeting point is;
The Hilton On the Park
192 Wellington Pde (corner Clarendon St)
Melways ref: Map 2G, D4
If you do not fly due to inclement weather, please phone our office when you are ready to rebook.
Metered parking is available on Wellington Parade or Clarendon Street. $5 discounted parking is also available at Hilton on the Park hotel parking, for Global Ballooning guests.